Here’s a easy-to-follow guide on buying ETHi using a Metamask wallet.
Part 1: Install MetaMask
- Go to MetaMask and download and install (in Chrome or FireFox).
- You’ll see the MetaMask fox icon next to your address bar. Click the icon and MetaMask will open up.
- Create a New password. Then, write down the Secret Backup Phrase in a safe place. MetaMask will create a new Ethereum address for you.
Part 2: Send $ETH to Your Metamask Wallet
- Copy your Metamask wallet address. You can find it at the top middle of Metamask window, when you move your mouse over it you will see “Copy to clipboard” and you just click mouse left and it’s copied.
Tip: Everytime you copy and paste an Ethereum address, remember and check that the first 2 digits and last 2 digits are correct!
- Buy some Ethereum in your favorite exchange (Coinbase, Bitbuy, Kucoin, etc.) and send the $ETH to this address.
- In your exchange, find the Withdraw option. Select Ethereum. They ask where do you want to send, paste there the Metamask address.
Part 3: Buy on Uniswap
Now you have some ETH in your Metamask wallet and are ready to buy!
- Go to Uniswap. Choose ETH up and click “Select a token” down. Or you can click this link and it should pre-populate everything for you.
- Search the token you want to buy.
Eg: ETHI. If it doesn’t not show up thorough the link above, you will need to import custom token.
- Select the amount of $ETH you want to spend and you will see the amount of ETHi you will receive.
Eg: 0.43 ETH → 119741 ETHi.
- Click Swap.
- Metamask will open a new window and ask you for confirmation. Confirm. Then wait until the transaction is completed! Be patient, sometimes it takes a few minutes.
- If everything is correct, you will see the new coins you bought in the bottom Balance